Please note that this notice is in respect of our obligations as a Japanese incorporated company under Japanese Banking Law requirements. For the Bank, the Japanese Firewall regulations and procedures like the Financial instruments and Exchange Law(FIEL) and the FIB Cabinet Office Ordinance need to be considered when there is any cooperation with Mizuho Securities companies (e.g. Mizuho Securities Co Ltd., Mizuho International Plc, Mizuho Securities (USA) etc, please find the group companies list in Section 3). Under the FIEL in Japan, when sharing information with Mizuho Securities Co Ltd in Japan, individual consent is required from each customer rather than a single consent provided by a controlling party such as the immediate parent company or group. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. ("MHBK")
Thank you for your continued relationship with MHBK.
MHBK strives to provide high value-added financial products and services, and continues to offer assistance to its customers by strengthening cooperation with its group companies, to leverage the full products and capabilities of Mizuho Financial Group to provide value added ideas and advice to our clients.
Therefore, in our endeavour to present you with our best possible service, it will on occasions be appropriate for Mizuho Bank, Ltd. and other companies in the Mizuho Financial Group to exchange information that they hold on you with each other.Therefore, in our endeavour to present you with our best possible service, it will on occasions be appropriate for MHBK and other companies in the Mizuho Financial Group to exchange information that they hold on you with each other.
By means of the “opt-out method”, prior notice is given to a customer whose information will be shared with group companies under the condition that the customer is adequately offered the opportunity to terminate the provision of information.
Until the customer’s request to terminate the provision of information is received, “written consent” on providing customer information to the Bank’s group companies can be considered “obtained” from the customer, once the provisions mentioned in Section 1 have been met.
1. Customers subject to the provision of information according to the "opt-out method"
Customers subject to the provision of information according to the "opt-out method" are corporate customers
- to whom the notice on the provision of customer's information to MHBK's group companies by the "opt-out method" has been sent by registered mail or delivered by MHBK
- who have various needs for financing, investing or M&A, etc. utilizing the financial and capital markets, and
- who have a need for comprehensive financial services provided by Mizuho Financial Group,
- and where suitable time has been given to the customer to determine whether or not they wish to reject the request.
2. Scope of information
Undisclosed corporate customer information already obtained or to be obtained (including “non–public information” as defined in the Cabinet Office Ordinance regarding Financial Instruments Business, etc.). This would not override any existing or future contractual restrictions, and information would only be shared on a need-to-know basis.
3. Recipients of customer information
Companies within the Mizuho Financial Group, that includes but not limited to Mizuho International plc, Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd., Mizuho Securities USA LLC., Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd., Mizuho Securities Asia Limited, Asset Management One Alternative Investments, Ltd., Mizuho Capital Markets LLC., and their respective subsidiaries.
4. Method for transferring information
Information can be transferred via a number of means, including by hand, post, fax and email. However, appropriate transfer methods will be selected considering factors such as the importance of the information and the type of storage media on which the information is recorded, further to confirming the appropriateness of the recipient, the content of the information to be provided, the method of provision, purpose of use, etc.
5. Recipient's method for managing information
Information will be managed for a prescribed retention period upon implementation of appropriate security measures at each management phase (acquisition/input, use/processing, retention/storage, transfer/transmission, elimination/disposal) according to the importance of the information, type of storage media on which the information is recorded, etc.
6. Recipient's purpose of use
- (1)For proposal/introduction and research/development of products and services, etc.
- (2)For decision-making at the provision of products and services, etc.
- (3)For adequate execution of management and administrative operations as a group.
The recipients will appropriately use the information in accordance with their "Financial Instrument Solicitation Policy" when proposing or introducing their products and services to their clients.
7. Means for making a “request to cease the provision of information
Customers not consenting to the provision of information according to the “opt–out method” need to make a “request to cease the provision of information” by informing your relationship manager, (contact information shown at “Inquiries & Contact information”), etc. No action of any kind is necessary for customers consenting to the provision of information.
8. Method for managing information upon customer's "request to cease the provision of information"
- Notwithstanding the above, transfer of information for which written consent of the customer is not required according to the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act or other laws and regulations may be performed even after such "request to cease the provision of information". The following are some examples of information transfer for which written consent is not required.
- Transfer of information, which is necessary for carrying out internal control operations (compliance management, loss and risk management, internal audits and inspections, financial, taxation, accounting operations and settlement of transactions) or maintenance and management of electronic information processing systems
- Transfer of information pursuant to laws and regulations, etc.
- Information provided prior to a "request to cease the provision of information" will be handled in accordance with local requirements (e.g. General Data Protection Regulation ‘GDPR’ rules). Information that will continue to be stored by the recipient will be managed according to the methods outlined in Section 5 above.
For inquiries and more information, please contact:
Mizuho Bank Ltd. London Compliance: [email protected]