Our success stories in EMEA
Mizuho Securities receives Yen Bond House of the Year in 2019 IFR Awards
For out-performing our peers in delivering more cross-border Yen issuances and for our leading role in all key themes driving the yen market, Mizuho Securities has been awarded Yen Bond House of the Year in the 2019 IFR Awards for the second year in a row.
IFR said, “Mizuho Securities maintained its dominance in the international yen market by successfully underwriting bail-in-able bonds, leading almost all sovereign issues, and helping first-time issuers. Mizuho earned bonus points as it became the only Japanese bank among the bookrunners hired for Berkshire Hathaway's massive yen deal, extending its lead over Japanese competitors. In a low yield environment with bail-in bank debt, emerging-market sovereigns and longer-term debt firmly in fashion during 2019, Mizuho was active in all those segments, topping the international yen league table with ¥820.6bn (US$7.5bn) and a 22.8% share, five percentage points clear of second place.”
The IFR Awards is considered to be the most prestigious event in the global capital markets calendar. It sees over 900 of the world’s most senior investment banking professionals gather to celebrate capital markets excellence.
Receiving this award for the second year in a row is testament to the continued effective collaboration between all the Debt Capital Markets teams across regions and entities, and has not been achieved since we received the accolade back to back in 2009 and 2010.
Why we retained our title as IFR’s Yen Bond House of the Year >
Mizuho wins SCI Capital Relief Trades Awards - Impact Deal of the Year category
Mizuho International wins Structured Credit Investor's Impact Deal of the Year category for structuring the first-ever synthetic impact securitisation transaction, Room2Run.
Mizuho International acted as financial advisor to AfDB on the transaction. Juan-Carlos Martorell, Managing Director, co-head of securitised products and structured finance at Mizuho, comments that his firm was also “very happy” with the transaction. Particularly, he adds, because it pioneered the use of synthetic securitisation for capital relief for the MDB community and also achieved the reduction of RWA under S&P’s rating agency methodology, because MDBs are unregulated banks.
Impact of the Year Winner: Room2Run
Our other successes
- Bank of the Year, Asia Pacific Debt Fundraising of the Year, Global PPP Deal of the Year, Latin America - Infrastructure Investor Global Awards 2018
- Deal of the Year Award for Danone – Nikkei Veritas
- African Development Bank, Mariner Investment Group, and Africa50 price landmark $1billion impact securitization
- Mizuho EMEA Investment Grade Corporates Desk maintain best in class-leading rankings in Request for Quote (RFQ) electronic trading
- Proud to be the #1 Asian investment bank involved in large EMEA Equity Capital Markets transactions
- Mizuho wins at the 2018 GlobalCapital Bond Awards
- ECM Deal of the Year in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Mizuho acts as bookrunner on winning High Yield deal in Global Capital's Corporate Bond Deals of the Year
- Number one ranking on Bloomberg in Euro Corporates
- 30% Club: Inspired By Mentoring awards 2016 - 2017
- Fund Technology and WSL Awards 2018
- Asiamoney best bank awards 2017: Japan
- Mizuho selected as "Best Trade Finance Bank in East Asia & the Pacific" by GTR