Do I need a finance related degree to work at Mizuho?
No. We welcome applications from candidates with any degree discipline.
Computer Science degrees, or similar, are especially relevant to the roles in Information Systems, or you should be able to demonstrate an aptitude for computing knowledge.
Maths, Finance, Economics degrees may be relevant to front office roles.
Do I need to be on track for a 2:1 in order to apply?
We do look for a strong academic background; however, we will consider applications with mitigating circumstances.
What is the application process?
Step 1. Submit an online application. Applications are typically accepted between September and November.
Step 2. Telephone interview with one of our team. Telephone interviews will take place between 19th September and 25th November.
Step 3. If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you will be invited to come along to one of our assessment centres. Assessment centres will be running between 14th November and 2nd December.
Step 4. After reviewing your application, you will be contacted with an update on your application progress. If your application is successful, offers will be sent out in December 2022 for the internship starting in June 2023.
I am not in my penultimate year of university, however, I plan to study a one-year Masters following my graduation in 2022. Can I still apply?
Yes - you can apply if you are planning to study a one-year Masters following a 2023 graduation. Please note that we are not able to offer graduate positions for 2023 to interns completing an internship in 2023.
I require a visa to work in the UK and/or Germany – can I apply?
Unfortunately, only applicants with the permanent right to work in the UK and/or Germany can be considered for the programme, as we do not offer sponsorship for this opportunity.
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications to the 2023 Intern and Graduate programmes will close on the 21st November, so apply early to avoid disappointment.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Can I follow Mizuho EMEA on social media?
Yes, please follow us on LinkedIn via https://www.linkedin.com/company/mizuho/.
What kind of training will I undertake during the programme?
Our paid internship consists of a 10 week structured training programme, including the following:
- Financial Product Training - trading challenges, pop-up projects, knowledge retention quizzes, self-study products, simulations and projects;
- Soft Skills Training - including Business Report Writing Skills, Communication Skills, Excel Training, Presentation Skills, and Remote Working;
- Mizuho Focus Days -
- Departmental Inductions - to help gain a greater understanding of every department at Mizuho and how they fit into the overall structure of the organisation;
- Know the Team/Desk - these sessions will be held by the relevant departments with their various functions/desks/teams to give the intern insight into their areas and what takes place within those areas day to day.
- Projects/study time - along with the 'know the team/desk' tasks, interns will be set projects to work on during the course of the programme. Dedicated time is given to complete pre and post work and projects.
- Touch Points - with intern buddies, who will provide informal support to help interns get up to speed quicker. Line managers and HR will also check in with the interns to ensure they are settling in well.
- Networking Opportunities – throughout the duration of the internship there will be opportunities to grow your network through social events with interns, graduates, and senior leadership across Mizuho.
What can Mizuho offer me as a Graduate?
After your internship here at Mizuho, there are fantastic progression opportunities and clear paths to promotion. We will give you ample opportunity to affect change and to help grow our business.
In addition to the great opportunity outlined above, in the UK we are also currently able to offer:
- Competitive starting salary, plus discretionary bonus
- Non-contributory pension
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing with service)
- Core working hours*
- Hybrid working - office and home based*
- Flexible Benefits:
- Holiday Trading (buy and selling of annual leave)
- Travel Insurance
- Computer Technology Scheme
- Workplace ISA
- Virtual GP
- Health Screening
- Wellbeing benefits, including Mental Health Allies and First Aiders.
* Details of these policies available on request and subject to conditions of policy being met.