Are you an experienced professional looking to restart your career after an extended break? We are looking for talent right now, so consider our Returners Programme and step back into your career.
Restart your career with Mizuho
At Mizuho International plc, we offer a Returners Programme to enable you to step back into a rewarding career. We are offering permanent roles, at Vice President level, aimed at people who have taken a career break of two or more years and who are now looking to return to work.
Currently, we have a small number of available opportunities available in our Information Systems Department.
We are looking for experienced professionals who wish to restart their career in a high performing environment. The supported returners will be provided with a bespoke development programme that covers:
- Coaching and mentoring sessions with a specialist supplier, to help you build self-confidence on restarting your career;
- Technical skills development (specific to your role);
- Professional skills development specially designed for re-entry into the workplace;
- Business and regulatory changes in the financial services industry; and
- Development of new relationships, and broaden your professional network.
We champion a flexible work environment, as we understand the need for people to meet other commitments or simply strike a good work-life balance. As such, we are happy to talk flexible working for this role. The role will be a hybrid role, with some homeworking days per week.
Who is eligible to apply?
Experienced professionals who have taken a voluntary career break of two years or more and who have an interest in returning to work are eligible to apply.
We are committed to supporting equality and diversity and seek to create a workplace that is fully inclusive. We welcome applications from all sections of the community that we operate in - from all ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation, beliefs, gender identities and disabilities.
Applications are open until 1 July 2022 with interviews taking place throughout July. We hope for you to join us at the start of August 2022 but can be flexible as required. Applications will be screened as they come in, so if you are available for interviews before the end of April, please indicate so in your application. If you would like to have an initial conversation about the role or any support that will be put in place before applying do get in touch with the team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we can offer you as a Returner employee
There are fantastic progression opportunities and clear paths to promotion. We will give you ample opportunity to affect change and to help grow our business.
In addition to the great opportunity outlined above, in the UK we are also currently able to offer:
- Competitive starting salary, plus discretionary bonus;
- Non-contributory pension;
- Private Medical insurance, to cover you and your family;
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing with service);
- Core working hours from 10am to 4pm*;
- Hybrid working - office and home based*;
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – available to you and those you live with;
- My Family Care (arranges emergency family care for when you need the extra support);
- CityParents membership (network supporting working parents and professional in corporate roles); and
- Flexible Benefits:
- Holiday Trading (buy and selling of annual leave);
- Travel Insurance;
- Computer Technology Scheme (allows you to buy technology within the annual benefit window);
- Workplace ISA;
- Virtual GP (Doctor@Hand) – for you and up to 5 family members (Giving you full flexibility to book a video consultation within an hour and have prescriptions delivered directly to you);
- Annual health screening;
- Mindfulness Apps; and
- Wellbeing benefits, including Mental Health Allies.
* Details of these policies available on request and subject to conditions of policy being met.
Meet some returners from our last cohort:
Jyoti - Legal Department (VP)
"Mizuho invests heavily in its people, culture and ethos and this shines through the organisation.
There is an enduring commitment to individual growth and development and I have had the benefit of support and training across financial products, effective mentoring, and individual coaching sessions, all of which have enabled me to extend myself and perform to the best of my abilities.
There is great visibility and potential for increased responsibility within teams. In the eight months since I have joined, I have had the opportunity to present to ExCo twice, the second of which was a solo presentation to the committee. Mizuho demonstrating that level of confidence and belief in my abilities so early on in my time at the organisation, and that too after returning from a career break, is hugely encouraging and inspires me to be my best."
Maria – Risk Department (VP)
“I have been given responsibility and have gained exposure to a range of stakeholders within the company, including very senior ones.
Mizuho is a friendly company and so the overall social side of the experience has been enjoyable, even in a primarily remote working environment (during COVID-19).
The training and development programme helped me feel more confident in my abilities and updating practical skills (for example, using tools such as PowerPoint and Excel). The company was and continues to be understanding of my focus on balancing family needs with those of the job.”
We, Mizuho International plc, are the London based securities and investment banking arm of the Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. With a primary focus on client based activities, our wide range of services includes sales and trading in both debt and equity securities, the underwriting of new issues and M&A advisory services.
The Mizuho Financial Group employs approximately 55,000 employees across 880 offices worldwide, and here in London Mizuho International has approximately 500 employees. Find out more about us, and the other services offered in our region here: https://www.mizuhogroup.com/emea/