Mizuho Economic Outlook & Analysis provides Outlooks on the Japanese economy every quarter and in-depth analyses on economic issues on a timely basis.
- FY2021-FY2022 Economic Outlook: August 17, 2021―The pace of recovery has been polarized among regions. Polarized goods and services are expected to swing back.―(PDF/3.20MB)Oct 11, 2021
- Economic effect of accelerated vaccinations―One million shots per day will boost Japan's FY2021 GDP by 1%―(PDF/755KB)Aug 24, 2021
- FY2021-FY2022 Economic Outlook: May 20, 2021―The global economy is driven by the US and China. Disparities in capabilities to address the Covid-19 pandemic intensify.―(PDF/781KB)Jul 5, 2021
- 2021 Summer Bonus Forecast―Year-on-year decline continues from last winter; bipolarization becomes even clearer―(PDF/392KB)Jun 28, 2021
- Impact of the third declaration of a state of emergency―What actions are needed to prevent a resurgence of infections in the second half of the year?―(PDF/1.16MB)Jun 8, 2021
- The ASEAN Export Industry Is Evolving―Production transfer from China has promoted the industry’s qualitative growth―(PDF/843KB)May 14, 2021
- Corporate bankruptcies declined even amid the Covid-19 pandemic―“Exit strategies” for cashflow assistance measures will be the key for the future―(PDF/492KB)May 6, 2021
- FY2020 - FY2022 Economic Outlook -Acceleration of investment for digitalization and the environment ("green investments") with a view to the world after Covid-19- (February 16, 2021)(PDF/260KB)Feb 22, 2021
- Sustainability of the US dollar weakness against the Japanese yen -Future yen strengthening pressures are limited based upon current fundamentals- (December 29, 2020)(PDF/541KB) Feb 10, 2021
- RCEP as a starting point for evolution -A mega EPA less than TPP but more than WTO- (November 30, 2020)(PDF/516KB)Jan 28, 2021
MHRI Brief is a short report on the Japanese/global economies and financial markets.
- Japan's industrial production growing firmly even under the Declaration of a State of Emergency -Information-related goods and capital goods are the drivers of growth- (March 1, 2021)(PDF/315KB)Mar 16, 2021
Fixed-point analysis of the Japanese economy and financial markets on a monthly basis.
- Monthly Economic Report: September 22, 2021(PDF/1.03MB)Oct 21, 2021
- Monthly Economic Report: August 24, 2021(PDF/1.04MB)Sep 28, 2021
- Monthly Economic Report: July 21, 2021(PDF/967KB)Aug 25, 2021
- Monthly Economic Report: June 23, 2021(PDF/1.19MB)Jul 21, 2021
- Monthly Economic Report: May 26, 2021(PDF/1.18MB)Jun 28, 2021
- Monthly Economic Report: April 26, 2021(PDF/0.99MB)Jun 9, 2021
- Monthly Economic Report: March 29, 2021(PDF/990KB)Apr 30, 2021
- Monthly Economic Report: February 25, 2021(PDF/1.15MB)Mar 31, 2021
- Monthly Economic Report: January 28, 2021(PDF/545KB)Mar 5, 2021
- Monthly Economic Report: December 24, 2020(PDF/631KB) Feb 1, 2021
- Monthly Economic Report: November 30, 2020(PDF/418KB)Jan 12, 2021
In-depth analysis on economy and finance of Japan and Asia.