Shared Use Within Mizuho Financial Group
Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd.
(Business Operator Handling Personal Information)
Thank you very much for your support for Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.
Mizuho Financial Group (hereinafter the "Group") has various financial services companies such as banks, securities firms, and a trust bank, under its management. By utilizing the respective expertise of these Group companies as well as by enhancing cooperation between them, the Group endeavors to provide higher value-added financial products and services to assist its customers.
To this end, within the scope shown below and only when necessary, we will allow shared use of personal information on customers within the Group. As we implement shared use of information, we will make efforts to conduct stricter information management than before, and we ask for your understanding in this regard.
In principle, the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act prohibits us from sharing non-public information on customers with companies including our parent company and subsidiaries, etc. Thus, shared use of our customers' non-public information with the said companies will not be conducted unless it is lawful, such as when we have obtained their written consent.
In the future, we may as necessary review the way in which shared use is handled. On such occasions, we will issue a notification or make an announcement in advance.
1. Items of personal data subject to shared use
(1) Customer information including the name, address, date of birth, contact information such as the telephone number and email address, information on family members, information on employment, information on assets and/or liabilities of the customer, information on transaction needs, and published information
(2) Information on individual transactions with the customer, including the types of products and services offered to the customer, control numbers such as the transaction branch number, account number, transaction number, contract date, transaction amount, and due date
(3) Information necessary for managing transactions with the customer, including information on various products and services (information on deposit balance, loan balance, etc.), information on the background of transactions, and information on decisions on whether or not to extend loans.
2. Parties authorized for shared use
The Group, its consolidated subsidiaries and equity-method affiliates entered in the Group's annual securities report and other reports.
(If shared use is restricted under relevant laws and regulations, such as the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, handling is to be conducted in accordance with such laws and regulations.)
3. Intended use
(1) Proposal, advice, research, and development in connection with various products and services, etc.
- For example, Group companies will jointly develop and propose products or services which meet customer needs.
(2) Decision-making concerning new applications for and continued use of various financial products and services, etc., continued transactions, or provision of such products and services
- For example, we will propose investment products offered by respective group companies, which we consider optimal based on the customer information.
(3) Proper performance of Group business management operations, including identification and management of various risks
- By establishing a proper Group business management system, we will provide our customers with stable and continuous services.
(1) Name of the company responsible for the management of personal data: Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.
(2) The latest information on the names of the corporations included in the scope of shared use in item 2 above is to be shown on the website of the Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.(https://www.mizuhogroup.com)
(3) Customers wishing to unsubscribe from direct mail, etc., sent out based on shared use of personal information are kindly requested to contact the branch where they hold accounts, by telephone or by postal mail.
Please contact the branch where you hold an account, by telephone or by postal mail, for any comments and inquiries you may have.