Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion initiatives
Mizuho Financial Group adopted the group's Diversity & Inclusion Statement(PDF/36KB), to foster growth and promote the active involvement of all members of Mizuho's diverse workforce. Likewise, we at Mizuho Securities aim to create new corporate value through the continual development of innovative financial products, and the transformation of services and business systems by proactively adopting diverse perspectives and ideas of individual employees as we carry out daily operations and decision–making processes.
Diversity promotion at Mizuho Securities
Top–down The Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Promotion Committee meets twice a year, attended by a chairman nominated by the President & CEO and also attended by senior executives representing each division, who discuss policies and measures to foster growth and promote the active involvement of all members of Mizuho's diverse workforce.
Bottom–up Mizuho Securities is developing various promotional activities based on duties at each workplace, by appointing the person concurrently in charge of the D&I Office of the Human Resources Dept. as the company–wide promotion leader and by appointing employees at each workplace to serve dual–hat roles as promotion representatives.
Promoting active involvement of diverse employees
- At Mizuho Securities, we strive to support the work–life balance of employees caring for children and other family members.
- We have set numerical targets to further promote female employee representation. We organize training for young, midcareer, and experienced female employees to provide opportunities to further their careers and empower them to realize their full potential and serve in leadership positions.
- In addition, the entire Mizuho group supports wide–ranging employee–initiated networking activities, including LGBT ＋ ally activities, efforts to promote the active participation of women, globalization efforts, and initiatives to leverage technology to create value.
|Area||Target||Achieved by||Most recent results|
|％ of female managerial–level employees||20％||july 31,2024||17％||March 31,2019|
|Area||The level to be maintained||Most recent results|
|％ of female newly graduate employees (in M or A position)||30％||30％||March 31,2019|
|％ of paid annual leave used||70％||71％||March 31,2019|
|％ of paternity leave used||100％||100％||March 31,2019|
Mizuho conducts training programs to prepare female employees for managerial positions.
Promotion of female employee
- Implementation of training program for female managers
- Implementation of training program for female managers and candidates
- Promoting networking activities among female employees
Enhancement of work–life balance
Enhancement of multi-national and cultural diversity
- Enhancement of cultural diversity
Enhancement of balancing work and family
- Enhancement of childcare and nursing care related systems
- Providing follow up support for female employees to attend seminars for childcare leave etc.
- Providing support for employees after childcare leave
- Promoting networking activities among working mothers
Sharing information/changes in the consciousness
- Opening diversity forum on intra-ne
- Introducing examples and roll-models
- Sharing information and hold guidance on diversity
- Starting management training program of spreading diversity mind