Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion initiatives
Mizuho Financial Group adopted the group's Diversity & Inclusion Statement(PDF/36KB), to foster growth and promote the active involvement of all members of Mizuho's diverse workforce. Likewise, we at Mizuho Securities aim to create new corporate value through the continual development of innovative financial products, and the transformation of services and business systems by proactively adopting diverse perspectives and ideas of individual employees as we carry out daily operations and decision–making processes.
Diversity promotion at Mizuho Securities
Mizuho Securities continuously strives to facilitate initiatives for promoting diversity and inclusion on a group–wide basis. In FY2020, the Group established a Diversity & Inclusion Promotion Committee chaired by the Group CHRO (Chief Human Resources Officer) and composed of department heads in charge of business promotion in each division. Through the committee, we are striving to accelerate the promotion of diversity and inclusion as appropriate for each division's particular situation.
Mizuho Securities is also dedicated to support employee-initiated activities for promoting diversity and inclusion and we regard them as our important measures.
About 25 people in total are appointed to serve a dual-hat role as promotion representatives in the D&I Office of the Human Resources Dept. to develop and implement diversity and inclusion activities using their knowledge acquired through work to answer the needs of each division/group.
In addition, Mizuho Securities is developing various promotional activities based on duties at each workplace, by appointing the person in charge of D&I promotion at each department/branch office.
Promoting active involvement of diverse employees
- At Mizuho Securities, we strive to support the work–life balance of employees caring for children and other family members.
- We have set numerical targets to further promote female employee representation. We organize training for young, midcareer, and experienced female employees to provide opportunities to further their careers and empower them to realize their full potential and serve in leadership positions.
- In addition, the entire Mizuho group supports wide–ranging employee–initiated networking activities, including LGBT ＋ ally activities, efforts to promote the active participation of women, globalization efforts, and initiatives to leverage technology to create value.
|Female manager ratio
Percentage of management positions filled
（total no. of division/section heads and equivalent）＊1
|20％||July 2024||16％||July 2020|
|Description||Targets to be maintained||Current proportion|
|Non-Japanese in management ＊2||65％||64％||FY19|
|Proportion of female graduates employed
|Percentage of employees taking paid annual leave1 ＊1||70％||78％||FY19|
|Percentage of eligible male employees taking childcare leave ＊1||100％||93％||FY19|
＊1 Total for Japan（ Mizuho Financial Group, Mizuho Bank, Mizuho Trust & Banking, and Mizuho Securities）
＊2 Total outside Japan（ Mizuho Bank, Mizuho Trust & Banking, and Mizuho Securities）
Mizuho conducts training programs to prepare female employees for managerial positions.
Promotion of female employee
- Implementation of training program for female managers
- Implementation of training program for female managers and candidates
- Promoting networking activities among female employees
Enhancement of work–life balance
Enhancement of multi-national and cultural diversity
- Enhancement of cultural diversity
Enhancement of balancing work and family
- Enhancement of childcare and nursing care related systems
- Providing follow up support for female employees to attend seminars for childcare leave etc.
- Providing support for employees after childcare leave
- Promoting networking activities among working mothers
Sharing information/changes in the consciousness
- Opening diversity forum on intra-ne
- Introducing examples and roll-models
- Sharing information and hold guidance on diversity
- Starting management training program of spreading diversity mind