With offices in Calgary and Toronto, Mizuho's Canadian banking team provides financial and strategic advice to clients in a range of sectors, including Energy, Power + Utilities + Infrastructure, Real Estate, Diversified Industries, Consumer + Retail, and Telecom, Media + Technology.
Our Canadian specialists have wide experience in corporate lending, working capital, securitization programs and project finance; as well as originating, structuring and placing equity and debt issues. We specialize in financing both domestic and cross-border acquisitions.
Through Mizuho Securities Canada Inc., we offer Canadian clients in-depth market expertise, global resources and seamless deal execution in underwriting debt and equity issuances.
- Lead Arranger on a US$2.6 billion debt issue to support Hydro One's purchase of U.S.-based utility Avista
- Lead Arranger and Agent for a $1.3 billion Bridge Loan to private placement for the acquisition of an equity interest in the Cove Point liquefied natural gas project by Brookfield Infrastructure.
- Sole Lead Arranger and Agent for Colliers International securitization program
- Lead Arranger and Agent for USD $2 billion cross currency term loan for Enbridge
We have a long history of advising Latin American clients on a host of financial and strategic issues. Operating from Bogotá, Mexico City, Santiago and São Paulo, our experienced Latin American corporate and investment banking specialists work closely with our New York banking teams and product specialists to help clients achieve their financial objectives.
- Latin America Power Deal of the Year: Power portfolio refinancing for EnfraGen, a developer, owner and operator of conventional and renewable power generation assets in Colombia, Chile and Panama. (PFI, 2020)
- Top 10 of U.S. dollar bond underwriters for Latin American corporate issuers (2019)
- Top 10 among Latin American loan bookrunners (2019)
- Our recent roles in large-scale oil and gas transactions have won Deal of the Year awards from LatinFinance magazine.
- Syndicated Loan of the Year: Pemex UX $8bn Syndicated Loan (LatinFinance, 2019)
- Quasi-Sovereign Bond of the Year: Pemex US$7.5 bn New Cash Offering (LatinFinance, 2019)
- Oil & Gas Financing of the Year: TAG Pipeline (LatinFinance, 2019)
- Corporate Liability Management of the Year: Petrobras Droppable Exchange Offer (LatinFinance, 2019)
- Latin American Midstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year - Fermaca El Elncino Pipeline Refinance (IJGlobal, 2019)