With offices in Calgary and Toronto, Mizuho's Canadian banking team provides financial and strategic advice to clients in a range of sectors, including Energy, Power + Utilities + Infrastructure, Real Estate, Diversified Industries, Consumer + Retail, and Telecom, Media + Technology.
Our Canadian specialists have wide experience in corporate lending, working capital, securitization programs and project finance; as well as originating, structuring and placing equity and debt issues. We specialize in financing both domestic and cross-border acquisitions.
Through Mizuho Securities Canada Inc., we offer Canadian clients in-depth market expertise, global resources and seamless deal execution in underwriting debt and equity issuances.
- Lead Arranger on a US$2.6 billion debt issue to support Hydro One's purchase of U.S.-based utility Avista
- Lead Arranger and Agent for a $1.3 billion Bridge Loan to private placement for the acquisition of an equity interest in the Cove Point liquefied natural gas project by Brookfield Infrastructure.
- Sole Lead Arranger and Agent for Colliers International securitization program
- Lead Arranger and Agent for USD $2 billion cross currency term loan for Enbridge
We have a long history of advising Latin American clients on a host of financial and strategic issues. Operating from Bogotá, Mexico City, Santiago and São Paulo, our experienced Latin American corporate and investment banking specialists work closely with our New York banking teams and product specialists to help clients achieve their financial objectives.
- Latin America Loan House of the Year (Bonds & Loans 2021)
- Top 5 among Latin American loan bookrunners (2020)
- Sustainability-linked credit facilities for Cemex, Grupo Bimbo, Klabin, and Suzano (2021)
- Liability Management Deal of the Year (Bonds & Loans 2021): United Mexican States $6.6 billion new issue & switch tender offer of notes maturing from 2023 to 2050
- Corporate High-Grade Deal of the Year (Latin Finance 2020): Suzano $750 million sustainability-linked notes and any & all tender for bonds maturing 2024-2026
- Sustainability-Linked bonds for JBS (2021) and Suzano (2020 and 2021)
- Latin America Project Finance Deal of the year (Bonds & Loans 2021)/Latin America Power Deal of the Year (PFI, 2020): Power portfolio refinancing for EnfraGen, a developer, owner and operator of conventional and renewable power generation assets in Colombia, Chile and Panama.