Mizuho believes that, through our social contribution initiatives as a good corporate citizen, we contribute to the sustainable development of society, which in turn allows us to better serve client needs, enable our people to flourish, and help improve society and the communities where we do business. Based on this awareness, to ensure that we undertake our social contribution initiatives uniformly, we have issued Policies for Social Contribution Initiatives.
Policies for Social Contribution Initiatives
- We align our own profit–making activities with initiatives that benefit society, and as a good corporate citizen strive to support and develop together with society, thereby fulfilling our responsibilities for contributing to the betterment of society.
- Mizuho believes that, through our social contribution initiatives, we contribute to the sustainable development of society, which in turn allows us to better serve client needs, enable our people to flourish, and help improve society and the communities where we do business. This thinking is why we actively engage in social contribution activities.
- We believe the social contribution initiatives of Mizuho employees contribute to personal growth and development of a sense of being members of society. Accordingly, we actively support these initiatives.
- Mizuho proactively discloses information regarding our corporate stance toward social contribution initiatives and our actual activities. In addition, we will continue to improve these initiatives, by encouraging close communication with society through dialogue with stakeholders to ensure that our corporate activities conform to social standards and expectations.
Scope of Initiatives
- Social Welfare
- Education, Research, International Exchanges
- Arts and Culture
- Health and Sports
- Humanitarian Activities
- Revitalization of Local Communities and Creating a Safe Society
Method of Conducting Initiatives
|Method of Conducting Initiatives||Page Reference|
|Charitable Activities||Relief for Disaster Victims|
|Support through Providing Products and Services||
|Support for Volunteer Activities of Officers and Employees||
- Initiatives that take full advantage of our management resources and promote initiatives that contribute to regional and social development
- Initiatives in collaboration and cooperation with regional societies that form the foundation for the activities of the Group as well as government organizations, NPOs, regional communities, and others
Standards for Determining Implementation
Initiatives are undertaken based on the comprehensive consideration of the following viewpoints:
- Public Interest
Results of Social Contribution Initiatives
Corporate Citizenship Outlays (FY2022)