Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (Entity handling personal information)
Policy of Management
Mizuho Financial Group recognizes appropriate protection and use of personal information to be important social responsibilities, and makes every effort to appropriately protect and use personal information complying with laws and regulations including the "Personal Data Protection Law in Japan", "Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure" and other related regulations and the internal rules of Mizuho Financial Group, including this Policy when Mizuho Financial Group conducts business.
Mizuho Financial Group will acquire personal information that is necessary to conduct its business by proper and lawful means.
Purpose of Use
Mizuho Financial Group will specify the purpose of use of personal information and will handle the personal information within the scope necessary to achieve that purpose, and will not use it beyond that scope.
In cases where special restrictions exist on the use of particular personal information under laws and/or regulations such as the use of the Individual Number under the "Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure", Mizuho Financial Group will not handle that particular personal information for purposes not relevant to said matters.
The purpose of use of personal information is set forth through the web site or other measures provided by each company of the Mizuho Financial Group.
Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
Mizuho Financial Group will not provide personal information to any third party in principle unless the individual concerned has agreed to such use or it is authorized by law. However, Mizuho Financial Group may provide personal information to relevant entities that are otherwise specified without customer consent in following cases:
- Mizuho Financial Group entrusts management of personal information that is necessary to achieve the purpose of use to a third party.
- Mizuho Financial Group is one of the parties in a consolidation transaction.
- Mizuho Financial Group uses personal information jointly with designated entities that are publicly informed.
However, with respect to Specific Personal Information etc., Mizuho Financial Group will not provide it to third parties except in cases specified in the "Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure".
Handling of Sensitive Information
Mizuho Financial Group will not acquire, use and provide to any third party sensitive information *1 ("sensitive information" as defined in the Guidelines for Protection of Personal Information in the Financial Sector, including "Personal Information Requiring Attention") other than in the cases specified in the said Guidelines such as when authorized by law or it is necessary to conduct business on condition that Mizuho Financial Group has customer consent.
*1 Sensitive information refers to the following information:
- Race, beliefs, social status
- Medical history, healthcare and sex life
- Criminal record, fact of suffering damage from crime
- Participation in labor union
- Family origin, legal address on family registry
- Other personal information requiring special attention in handling in order not to cause unjust discrimination, prejudice, or other disadvantage on the information subject
Security Measures / Safeguards
Mizuho Financial Group will maintain and manage accurate and up–to–date personal information, and prevent leakage of information with necessary and appropriate security measures. Moreover, it will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of employees and service providers (including subcontractors, etc.) of who handles personal information.
Mizuho Financial Group will continuously review this Policy according to the development of information technologies and the changes in social demand, and improve the handling of personal information.
Customer Requests concerning retained Personal Data
Mizuho Financial Group will endeavor to properly and promptly cope with following requests from customers:
- notification of the purpose of use
- disclosure of retained personal data
- correction, addition and deletion of retained personal data that do not reflect the facts
- suspension of use and elimination of retained personal data
- suspension of providing retained personal data to a third party
Comments & Requests
Mizuho Financial Group will endeavor to cope with customer's comments and requests for the management of personal information sincerely and promptly.