New York, April 26, 2022 – Mizuho Americas was a recipient of eight IFR Awards at a gala dinner at Grosvenor House in London last night. The awards were presented by International Financing Review, a leading source of fixed income, capital markets and investment banking news, analysis and commentary. Honorees were selected based on detailed award entries, pitch meetings with IFR journalists, and evaluations by the IFR senior editorial team.
Mizuho was cited for its leading roles in the following winning entries:
- North America IPO of the Year – Joint Bookrunner for Rivian Automotive’s US$13.7 billion IPO
- North America Loan of the Year – Joint Lead Arranger for Ford’s US$15.5 billion revolving credit facilities
- North America ABS Issue of the Year – Bookrunner for Hertz’s US$4 billion securitization
- Asia Bond of the Year – Joint Lead Arranger and Bookrunner for JSW Steel’s US$1 billion dual-tranche bond
- Yankee Bond of the Year – Joint Book-Running Manager for AerCap’s US$21 billion nine-tranche bond
- North America Investment-Grade Corporate Bond of the Year – Bookrunner for Verizon’s US$25 billion nine-tranche bond
- North American Leveraged Loan – Joint Lead Arranger and Bookrunner for Medline’s US$7.27 billion term loan B
- Yen Bond of the Year – Mizuho Securities (Tokyo) Bookrunner for NTT Finance's ¥300 billion triple-tranche green bond
“We look beyond the obvious to unlock hidden value when supporting our corporate and institutional investor client base,” said Michal Katz, Head of Investment & Corporate Banking, Mizuho Americas. “The breadth of recognition from IFR is gratifying and indicative of the scale, capabilities and investments we’ve made in our banking platform across global capital markets.”
Mizuho Americas was also a key partner in 2021 to Corporate Issuer of the Year, Ford Motor, having served as Joint Bookrunner on a $2.3 billion convertible issuance in March; Active Bookrunner on a $1.1 billion ABS deal in April; Active Bookrunner on a $2.5 billion Investment Grade Debt Capital Markets deal in November; Liability Management – Tender Agent on a $7.6 billion LM trade in November; and Joint Lead Arranger on the North America Loan of the Year.
About Mizuho Americas
Mizuho Americas is a leading provider of a broad range of financial services, including investment and corporate banking, lending, custody, treasury services, research and capital markets solutions. With professionals across the U.S., Canada, and Latin America, Mizuho Americas supports corporate clients, institutional investors and public sector organizations by connecting local markets to a vast global network. To learn more about Mizuho Americas' business, values, and ethical commitments, and the entities it comprises, visit www.mizuhogroup.com/americas.
Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG). Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services through its subsidiaries. The group has approximately 900 offices and 60,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and Asia. As of December 31, 2021, its total assets were approximately $2 trillion. Learn more about Mizuho Financial Group at www.mizuhogroup.com.
For inquiries, please contact:
Director, Media Relations, Mizuho Americas
Vice President, Media Relations, Mizuho Americas