September 7, 2020
Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. (President & CEO: Koji Fujiwara) and Mizuho Bank (China), Ltd. signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) for business cooperation with TUS Holdings (TUS HD), for the purpose of facilitating the growth of startup enterprises, on September 6, 2020.
TUS HD was established in 2002 as a business entity under Tsinghua University. It invests in startup enterprises in such fields as energy-saving, healthcare, and high-tech materials, in addition to operating high-tech industrial parks and incubation centers, in coordination with the university.
Based on this MOU, Mizuho will support the companies funded by TUS HD in order to facilitate their cross-border expansion as well as alliances with Japanese counterparts, based on the terms listed below. In addition to facilitating the growth of both Chinese and Japanese startups, we will connect these businesses to prospective investors, so as to contribute to the further prosperity and industrial development of the two economies.
1. Mizuho will approach startup companies funded by TUS HD;
2. Mizuho will facilitate alliances between TUS HD (and TUS HD-funded enterprises) and Japanese companies;
3. Mizuho will connect TUS HD-funded businesses to prospective investors;
4. Mizuho will support the international expansion of TUS HD;
5. Mizuho will introduce Japanese startups entering or interested in entering the Chinese market to TUS HD.