Corporate Governance Policy
"Mizuho's Corporate Identity," which is composed of Corporate Philosophy, Vision and the Mizuho Values, serves as the concept that forms the basis of all activities conducted by Mizuho.
Corporate Philosophy: Mizuho's fundamental approach to business activities, based on the raison d'etre of Mizuho
Mizuho, the leading Japanese financial services group with a global presence and a broad customer base, is committed to :
Providing customers worldwide with the highest quality financial services with honesty and integrity; Anticipating new trends on the world stage; expanding our knowledge in order to help customers shape their future;
Growing together with our customers in a stable and sustainable manner; and Bringing together our group–wide expertise to contribute to the prosperity of economies and societies throughout the world.
These fundamental commitments support our primary role in bringing fruitfulness for each customer and the economies and the societies in which we operate. Mizuho creates lasting value. It is what makes us invaluable.
Vision: Mizuho's vision for the future, realized through the practice of "Corporate Philosophy"
The most trusted financial services group with a global presence and a broad customer base, contributing to the prosperity of the world, Asia, and Japan.
- The most trusted financial services group
- The best financial services provider
- The most cohesive financial services group
Mizuho Values: The shared values and principles of Mizuho's people, uniting all executives and employees
- Customer First: The most trusted partner lighting the future
- Innovative Spirit: Progressive and flexible thinking
- Team Spirit: Diversity and collective strength
- Speed: Acuity and promptness
- Passion: Communication and challenge for the future
Under the "Mizuho's Corporate Identity," MHFG forms basic management policies and strategies for its entire group and has each company in our group work together and promote such group strategy. We aim to fulfill our social role and mission by giving due regard to creating value for diverse stakeholders and realizing improved corporate value through continuous and stable corporate growth and contributing to internal and external economic and industrial development and prosperity of society.
MHFG, as a holding company, plays an active role in the management of our group and takes on a planning function with respect to strategies and policies of our group and a controlling function with respect to each company of our group as part of its business management, and establishes a corporate governance system consisting with the Board of Directors at its core, which operates for the benefit of the shareholders, and ensures that self–discipline and accountability of management of our group is fully functioning.
MHFG has adopted a Company with Three Committees in order to realize the basic policy regarding its corporate governance system.
(1) Secure the effectiveness of corporate governance by ensuring the separation of supervision and management and making supervision of the management such as the execution of duties, etc., by executive officers the primary focus of the Board of Directors.
(2) Make it possible for the management to make swift and flexible decisions and realize expeditious corporate management by the Board of Directors' delegating decisions on business execution to executive officers.
(3) Utilize committees, etc., comprising mainly of outside directors who are independent from the management of Mizuho, and secure transparency and fairness in decision–making processes and the effective supervision of the management.
(4) In the course of designing the organizations, etc., comprising the corporate governance system that realizes matters set out in items 1 through 3, the Company is to actively adopt operations and practices that are recommended at a global level regarding corporate governance as well as compliance with Japanese and foreign laws and regulations as a financial group expanding across the globe.
For your reference, MHFG puts on its website "Corporate Governance Guidelines," which set out the fundamental perspectives regarding corporate governance in Mizuho, and the framework of the corporate governance system and the roles, composition, and operation policies of the Board of Directors, Executive Officers, Nominating Committee, Compensation Committee, and Audit Committee in MHFG as a Company with Three Committees.
The Corporate Governance Report, which sets out the status of MHFG's corporate governance system, has been submitted to the Tokyo Stock Exchange, and it is also put up on the websites of both the Tokyo Stock Exchange and MHFG.
(Related Principle of Corporate Governance Code)
Principle 2.1, Principle 3.1 i), Principle 3.1 ii), General Principle 4