Mizuho Financial Group (Mizuho Bank & Mizuho Corporate Bank) will enter a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Badan Koordinasi Penanaman Modal (BKPM) on August 9, 2006, namely Cooperation in Promoting Direct Investment and Fostering Business Partnership between Indonesian and Japanese Enterpreneurs.
1. The content of MoU :
- (1)Support and / or collaborate on investment seminars for interested Japanese investors.
- (2)Provide support to Japanese companies on prospective direct investment projects in Indonesia.
- (3)Present overview information on subjects related to projects in Indonesia.
2. Summary / Overview
- (1)BKPM is government institution for domestic and foreign investment, responsible directly to the president. They established an office in Japan, located in Shinjuku, Tokyo. They provide consultancy and perform investment applications processing, and are the most suitable information provider for foreign investor.
- (2)Mizuho considers Indonesia to have many strong attributes that make it an attractive destination for investment, and BKPM intends to strengthen the investment from Japan; under the same view, both parties came to this agreement of MoU.
- (3)Mizuho, by extensive branch network in Japan and an enormous and diverse Japanese customer, in addition to support and guidance from BKPM, intends to further promote investment from Japan to Indonesia.